Wednesday, August 27, 2014

THE PSALMS – A JOURNEY IN WORSHIP AND FAITH- August 27, 2014 - Day 32

The Bible mentions the term the “Fear of the Lord” specifically 30 times and Psalm 111 tells us that is the beginning of wisdom.  Augustine said “The beginning of knowledge is to thyself to be a sinner.”  Psalm 32 teaches us to know we are sinners. Only when we understand the depths of our sin can we grasp the depths of salvation and give Jesus the worship and praise He deserves.

Psalm 32:1-2
“Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.”
Failure to come to God with a confessing and repentant heart can literally make us sick, both physically and emotionally.

Psalm 32:3-4
“For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.”
David knew all too well about un-confessed sin. He had hidden behind his sin of adultery and murder until his friend brought it to his attention.

But the reason Jesus tells the parable of the prodigal son is to teach us of the power of confession and the joy of God’s grace in forgiving us.
Psalm 32:5
“I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.”


We must not wait to seek God’s grace. We must call out to Him now while we are in the age of grace.
Psalm 32:6
“Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him.”


When we live under the covering of His righteousness he becomes our shelter.

Psalm 32:7
“You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance.”
Through His Holy Spirit God will teach us how to live and will keep His eye on us.

Psalm 32:8-9
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.”
Trust in Christ. He is our only true hope. In Him we find joy and then offer Him the praise He is worthy of.

Psalm 32:10-11
“Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!”
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment