Thursday, March 26, 2020

Finding All You Will Ever Need In A Crisis - Grace


I just finished a study on the Book of Hebrews. The main point of Hebrews is that the New Covenant of grace is far superior to the Old Covenant of law. It is a lesson in the preeminence of Christ, our Savior.

I love how the author finishes the letter.

Hebrews 13:25
Grace be with all of you.

Grace. It is the most wonderful gift of God. It is what we must live both under and in. We must receive it to be saved and we must give it to live out our calling from God.

Grace. It is what we need to get through every step of life; both the good and the bad.

When Paul cried out to God to take away the throb=n in his side, God's answer to his prayer was this, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

And how does Paul respond?

Paul said, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

We are in difficult times. I would offer this is a calamity.

God will answer our prayers for healing and protection in different ways.

But he has answered those who live by faith in His Son, Jesus, already in this sense:
He has given us grace. No matter what else happens in this life, in the coming days, weeks, and maybe months, He has given us grace and that is sufficient to get us through whatever earthly things happen until He calls us home to be with Him.

His grace is sufficient for you, for His power is made perfect in weakness.

So, Grace be with all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment