Friday, December 7, 2018

Hiding From God


You ever do something that you know was wrong, but you got away with it? That feeling of relief that comes after that period of time when you sweat it out, just wondering if anyone saw or if anyone saw you do it. Most of the time we reach a point where we think, "Yea, I'm good. No one caught me." Admit it. We all have. I know my list is long of things I "got away" with.


Guess what? I have bad news. It doesn't matter if not one single person on this earth saw you do it. It doesn't matter that even if they did, they cannot prove it. Or if those in authority over you, people like teachers, parents, pastors, cops, or judges, have been duped by your supposed innocence. Read this, my friends.



Hebrews 4:13

And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.



None of us have gotten away with one single thing. God has seen it. We are naked before Him and we must, we will give an account. That's pretty scary. Oh. I don't believe in God you say, so I'm good. Hah. Nice try. It doesn't matter if you believe in God. He exists, and He is real, and you will give an account.



Good news; There is an escape clause.



Jesus came to save us from the penalty of our sins. That is why He was born and why Christmas matters.



You cannot hide from God. But you can draw near and find salvation in Christ. He is waiting for you.



Isaiah 55:6-7
 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;  let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.




No comments:

Post a Comment