Saturday, January 30, 2021

Trembling at God's Word

Thus says the LORD

"But this is the one to whom I will look:he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word." - Isaiah 66:2

Came across this verse tonight and it struck me hard. When I read scripture do I ever tremble at it? Have I ever?

If the Bible is not God's Word, then those of us who call ourselves Christians are only fooling ourselves. 

It is God's Word. Every single commandment, every warning, and even the words of comfort, ought to drop me to me knees in worship and awe-struck praise, and cause me to tremble at the incomprehensible power and glory of the Almighty God. 

And if I truly fear the Lord, I will turn in repentance and obedience giving Him every ounce of my heart.

"But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word."

Thus says the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment