Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful Even in the Midst of a Pandemic


Our purpose in life, the reason God created us, is to glorify Him. Isaiah 43:7 tells us why God created us, “Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” 

One way we bring glory to God is to be thankful. God tells us that in Psalm 50:23, saying that “The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”

But maybe today we are finding it hard to be thankful because we are living in the strangest and most difficult circumstances many of us have ever seen. 

God has a response for us about that.1 Thessalonians 5:18 says we are to “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

Let us all be thankful, not just today, but every day, in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment