Saturday, March 9, 2019

Sitting In God's Good Grace


Sitting here this morning in the dark looking out the window. It’s raining, kinda foggy, and every now and then a little thunder breaks the silence. I don’t know if I’ve ever known a more peaceful moment. I read my Bible, studied it with my Holman NT Bible Commentary, and simply have been sitting in the presence of God, sometimes praying to Him, sometimes just listening. This is the verse He gives me to share.
Psalms 145:9
The Lord is good to all,
and his mercy is over all that he has made.
My lesson spoke about the “common grace” of God. This is the grace He has shown to all of us, whether we believe in Him or not. This is the grace that keeps us fed, safe, and watches over all of us, even when we are living in direct rebellion to Him.
Yet, for reasons that make no sense to my earthly mind, He chose to call me out of the life that only exists in His common grace and has brought me into the grace of salvation that comes only through faith in His Son, Jesus.
This morning I am resting in the peace of His uncommon grace. You can as well. If you are reading this, He is calling you to come to Him. Read this verse. It’s for you.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment