Monday, October 22, 2018

On Doing Good


What does the life of a Christian look like?

Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

We are not supposed to grow weary of doing good.

I’m 24 days into a trip amongst people who don’t think like me. They speak different languages. They drive differently. They even walk on the sidewalks differently then I’m accustomed to. I’m tiring of them.

I’ve tried my hardest to remain polite. The sidewalks are very narrow and usually jam-packed with people. I have been intentional about moving off the sidewalk, at times placing myself in peril of being struck by a car or motorcycle, so that others could walk safely on the sidewalk. And yet, not one, no not one person has said thank you or even acknowledged this in any way. I’m tired of them and so badly want to plow into them with a good, hard American shoulder block.

But the Bible says I’m not to grow weary of doing good.

But who cares about these rude, Europeans? Right? Plow em down Mike.

But guess what the next verse says?

Galatians 6:10
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Let us do good to everyone.

If we are Christ’s, we are commanded to do good to everyone.

The Greek Word used is pas. It means everyone. All men, all people, each and every human on this earth. Not just the ones we like. Everyone.

I’m struggling with this. I usually do. But if I am Christ’s, I must follow this command by asking the Holy Spirit to empower me and change my heart.

If we follow His commands, we will change the world. We will be His light.

Everyone. Do good to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment