Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Following the Path of the Prophets


A few thoughts on the story of Jeremiah, who, like Isaiah, recognizes the sovereignty of God in our birth and in our life.

Jeremiah 1:4-5
Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Life is from God. Abortion is the ultimate act of rebellion against God.

Our lives are meant to be used to bring glory to God. Far too many Christians stay on the sidelines of ministry because they don't feel adequate to do what God has set them aside to do. Jeremiah did not feel up to the calling God gave him. And he wasn't. Nor are you, but when God calls us to something, He provides the power and then protects us as we serve Him.

John 15:16
"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

We have been given the Word of God and the power of God is in His Word. It created, and it sustains every single thing we know of.

Psalm 33:6,9
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

God's Word is what we need. And fellow Christian, if you think it is only your pastor who can be God's instrument, you are wrong. The power is not in him; it is in God's Word.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

God's Word is effective. It will accomplish what God desires it accomplish. So, share God's Word. Speak it out. Share it on social media. Pray it. Live it out.

We are all called to be God's servants. If you are a Christian, He chose you before the foundation of the earth, to do so. He appointed you to bear fruit.


Get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment