Thursday, December 3, 2015

Who Will Help Us In These Violent Days?


God is my helper. He will uphold my life.

I'm not really one of those people who ask God a question and then open my Bible and stick my finger into a random spot believing God will use that to speak to me. Though I don't really have a problem with that I just believe that as I have grown as a Christian I have learned how to hear from God as He speaks to me through His Spirit. Then I follow the Biblical command to test all things as 1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us and I examine it in light of scripture. This morning as I was doing a little praying in the midst of the violence I felt a nudge from the Spirit to open a Bible to the Psalms and just read the first one my eyes saw. This is that reading.

Psalm 54:1-7
O God, save me by your name, and vindicate me by your might.
O God, hear my prayer; give ear to the words of my mouth.
For strangers have risen against me; ruthless men seek my life; they do not set God before themselves. Selah 

Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.
He will return the evil to my enemies; in your faithfulness put an end to them.
With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you; I will give thanks to your name, O LORD, for it is good. For he has delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.


The message is clear. God is in control and He will protect us. Our job is to trust Him and to pray. Our job is to show the world we are not afraid and that we will praise God no matter what our enemies do to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment